Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Afghanistan Pics

So I have been telling Gary I want to see you...send pictures!! He told me that when he gets mail over there he feels like a kid on Christmas morning. They get so excited to open a letter or receive a package. Well today I felt like a kid in a candy store when I came home and checked my email. He sent me some pictures so I thought I would share a couple with you guys.
It's crazy how excited you get just to see a picture of someone!


He said...can you tell how tired I am...aww poor guy :(
This is his little tiny room. Has just enough room to turn around in a circle. He is lucky tho because most of the guys have to share rooms and he gets his own private one. I was shocked to see a tv in there! I'll have to ask him if it actually works and when does he have time to use it?? Hopefully I'll be getting more pictures soon to share with you all.

5 comments:

Photos by Julee said...

Thanks for sharing. Let Gary know we are all thinking of him and praying for him and all of his men to have a safe return. Also, pass on our thanks to all of them. Sometimes I think we all take for granted just how important their job and dedication is. We really do appreciate it.

Deb said...

I like his room decor. I wondered too if that tv works and what does he watch. Tell him we're thinking and praying for him.

Joni rae said...

I think he could have one more picture of you :) I sent him a wedding thank-you yesterday, maybe he can hang it up and look at it everyday. haha I will have to send him more mail someday.

Patti said...

I know the feeling of getting that one picture. It is like the best feeling ever! Like the old saying goes, absence really DOES make the heart grow fonder and makes your LOVE grow stronger!

Gramma said...

I wonder if Gary will still be going over some of the events that he is living through right now. Grandpa still talks about the dark scary nights on patrol and driving the jeep. We do need to thank these guys more often. Praying for you and your pals, Gary.