Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Nice Surprise

So today at work I had two little visitors come running in to see me! It was Garys daughters Kiana and Kaila. I was so excited! It hasnt even been a month and I miss them so much! They were in town with their grandparents so they brought them in the store to say hello. They're moving away so I probably wont get to see them again until Gary comes home. :( It sucks because I've gotten pretty attached to these girls and I have the most fun times with them. But I was just excited to see them for a bit today and I really appreciated their grandparents bringing them in to see me. It meant so much to me!






Here's poor Kiana. She crashed on her bike this week and got a nasty black eye. Poor girl. :(

Kaila Me Kiana

Me and the Monster


Here is Miss Jude (Gary always calls her either Jude or Monster). She wanted me to take a picture of her for her Dad. She is so funny every time I talk to her she says is my daddy there? Well where is he living again? The other day I had to explain how far away afghanistan is. Today when I saw her she said Melissa where is my daddy do I get to see him too? I said no sweetie he's still in afghanistan...she sighs and says STILL well for how much longer I wanted to see him today! I tried explaining why and when he'll be home again...its not to easy explaining a year long deployment to a 5 year old. But overall the girls are doing very well and I cant wait to see them again!



1 comment:

Photos by Julee said...

That is awesome that you have such a special connection with them. I am sure, even though you don't get to see them as often as you would like,it helps them deal with missing their dad too. Julee