Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Look Mom I can grow plants too!

When my Grandpa Poyda passed away we were all given a plant from his funeral. I picked this cute little pink pot that had 4 little plants in it. Well 2 years later my plants are still ALIVE!! I'm so proud! A couple weeks ago when Garys girls were here we re-potted them all. Kiana picked out some pots with me at home depot and they were so excited to re-pot them. My little porch was full of soil from Kaila "accidentally" dumping soil in mine and Kianas hair...reasons like this are why she is nicknamed the Monster. But the best part about my plants is everytime I look at them I am reminded of my Grandpa. :)


The little pink pot they started out in


So I've managed to keep my plants alive and a dog for 3 years now...hmmm maybe someday soon I'll be ready for children. :)


4 comments:

Tabby said...

Good job! I'm sad that my plant from Grandpa's funeral did not survive...I don't think even a whole year. Maybe I will come out by you and steal one of the 3 pots of Grandpa's plant that you have now :) I've never been good at keeping things alive....don't worry I will keep Bumbles alive and not forget to feed him/her!!!
-Tabby

Rita said...

By golly, Melissa, I do believe you have a green thumb!!!They look very healthy and happy. Did you name them? Some people have names for their plants just like their pets. I like your choice of pots too--good job--Gramma e

Deb said...

Children you say?

Rita said...

Yes, I really look forward to reading your blog , along with the others. The first thing I do in the morning is check my email and the family blogs to see what is happening. We need to get Tonya and Jacki in so we can keep up on their families and maybe Kara too.