Tuesday, August 18, 2009

REUNITED!!!

So today was day 5 that Jackson had been missing. I was trying not to give up hope. We looked everywhere! The humane society every day, walked through parks and some unpleasant places, put out flyers, posted on craigslist. Didnt know what else to do.
Well today I went into the humane society and was looking through reports that came in since yesterday. I found one that a lady reported found in the same area and matched his description.
I went over to her house and sure enough there was Jackson! She found him on saturday, which means Thursday and Friday who knows where he was. But she took very good care of him and kind of got attached to him. She said if I ever need a dog sitter to call her up. And how crazy is this she lives about 5 houses down from where he went missing. He was just right around the corner this entire time.
But I am so happy and relieved! Gary and I were thinking how are we going to tell the girls, especially Kiana. Kiana got pretty attached to him and Jackson has never chosen anyone over me except for her. One night when Jackson was really sick and throwing up we found Kiana in her room with him. She made a bed on the floor and was laying there with him holding onto him. She took care of him all night. Jackson loves that girl!
I'm so glad to have him back...even though he is a pain in the butt sometimes.

Crying by the door to go outside...I think he's done enough running around!
Aww who wouldn't want this lil guy!?

4 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Oh!! Melissa, I am sooo glad Jackson is back. I had an email from Gray and he felt bad that your dog was missing and he couldn't do a thing to help you. Ok, now, Jackson is home--promise me you will get back to eating!!! You don't have a pound to lose. You said you lost your appetite in one of your posts. Grammas have a right to say this kind of thing!!

Deb said...

Yeah he's home!

Photos by Julee said...

So glad to hear he is back. You must be so relieved and it was good to hear he had a guradian angel taking care of him. Now the next step is to figure out how to keep him there. He sounds like he has been quite adventurous lately and he is a smart little stinker figuring out how to get out. Good Luck - give him lots of hugs.

Anonymous said...

That's great news! I'm happy he's home with you.

-Tabby