Saturday, September 26, 2009

September Gone Already!

I can't believe it is almost October! But I am not complaining- time needs to keep flying by. It was a pretty uneventful month here in Colorado. Afghanistan has been very rough, getting worse and worse. Gary is moving this week to a new location. This place is nicknamed "Camp Hell" because it is one of the worst places to be stationed at overseas. Below is a link that was on the news a few months ago of Camp Lowell (Camp Hell) and the unit that was there before Garys unit took over. Gary is going to be the new company 1st Sgt there. I know I always say this but please now more than ever keep him and his soldiers in your thoughts and prayers.

Link here: ABC News: Camp Hell 7-18-2009 by Mike Boettcher


One good thing that keeps us going is great memories and looking forward to making many more great memories! So I thought I'd post some pictures from before Gary deployed. We are all counting down the days til January when he is home for a couple weeks!

Gary and I at the Valentines Day Military Ball

One of my favorite pictures! Gary and his mini twin Kaila.

Gary and Kiana on Christmas morning

Gary and I out dancing one night with our friends.



3 comments:

Rita said...

What a nice bunch of pictures, Melissa. Hang on to you dreams, they can keep you going until January. I have never seen a bow tie on a class-A uniform!!I love it!!And the ribbons on his chest--wow!!You gotta be proud of your man!!Of course you are both in my prayers every day. Been there-done that-I know how you feel. We love you guys----

Photos by Julee said...

Melissa - We have been thinking about both of you a lot lately. Yesterday we were at the Warrens parade and when they sang the National Anthem, all I could think of was Gary and his guys. Keep the faith and he will be home soon. I am so glad the two of you found each other. He is such a sweetheart. What a wonderful Christmas gift. I am sure everyone will be so glad to see you. Lots of Love - Julee

Photos by Julee said...

BTW - I forgot to mention to you. When you move someplace warm - I am coming to visit again. This time don't teach your uncle any bad habits. He orders that alfredo sauce every time we go to Olive Garden. (Although, it is good.) Love ya!